Soul Path Steps - December 2013

Hi there!

December has been a month! Well in fact the whole last 3 months have been pretty memorable. Not all in a good way either. I've been in and out of hospital - thankfully I'm on the mend. My Mr Handsome Paramedic has had quite a journey too - a theme that is set to continue into next year as we received news this morning that is not good at all. Please accept my apologies for not opening up about this news, but I am doing out of respect for my Mr as we both come to terms with it as it's pretty raw right now. What I can say is that I know that he is going to need my support more than ever next year.



Anyway, I wanted to chat with you about my Soul Path Steps for this month. You may recall if you were reading my blog back then, that I was a member of the Soul Path Tribe with my Soul Coach & Friend Lyn Thurman. Well I kind of faded away from group and I can now in hindsight see why I was drawn away.

There were many soul reasons that I have discovered; needing closure in relationships (not romantic), finding myself, healing myself, being at one with myself and my Mr, and being open to new opportunities. I embraced them, whether I wanted to or not and I've accepted them. The lessons are plain for me to see now.

www.soulpathtribe.com


So, then comes December and after getting home from hospital I start thinking about this year, where it's taken me, the journey I've been on and beginning closure on 2013. It may seem premature but when you're laid up resting with nothing else to do you can't help yourself. So I grabbed my Leonie Dawson 2013 Life & Biz Planners and start highlighting all my achieved goals, and then I grabbed my Soul Path Tribe folder and start reminiscing about everything I've achieved in 12 months and how far I've come within as well as the manifestations. That was when my heart longed for the SPT again. So the 15th (I think) I paid my monthly dues and signed up again. I printed out the workbook for December and told Paul (Lyn's husband) that I was hoping to squeeze in a few goals before the end of the month.




The Goddess of December for SPT is White Buffalo Calf  Woman - a goddess I thought I would easily connect with. I have HUGE love for Native American folklore, traditions and the like. It was only yesterday morning that I tweeted Lyn on Twitter and told her I was struggling to connect with her. This morning I discovered why. There was a far pressing matter playing out in my life that I was unaware of and the Mr & I discovered it today. It was then that I felt compelled to find time to discover White Buffalo Calf Woman more.

So I re-read the myth of WBCW in my workbook again, and did some research online. I discovered that she had in fact been with me all along - helping me find peace again, helping me to be at peace and extending that peace to others. I've been far more compassionate and understanding in my relationship this month, communication between us has been dramatically improved, and I've been more at peace with myself. It seems I was trying to hard to connect with her and I was worrying about not having an altar in place in honour of her. She was there with me all along.
 
Then I decided to peek at my goals I set for this month and surprised myself that I have completed so many already with others either in the 'hopeful' pile or the 'still in process' pile. Let me share with you what I have achieved this month according to my Soul Path Tribe workbook.
 
  • Begin a cross-stitch project (butterflies)
  • Follow a recipe and cook something I've never cooked before - I did! I cooked shortbread cookies
  • Analyse career and business - I did and I've scrapped what I don't enjoy anymore in time for 2014
  • Monitor my finances
  • Be more compassionate & understanding
  • Read a Christmassy Chick-Lit Novel - I did! I read Calling Mrs Christmas and Reviewed it here
  • Conduct research into my career and take action steps
 
Not bad seeing as I've spent a lot of time resting and recuperating. I still have goals I'd love to meet by the end of the year, but even if I don't, I'm happy to let those roll away or take some of them with me into 2014. I just want to add a thank you to the Soul Path Tribe for welcoming me back and for the support they've given me this year xx
 


All written content on this blog is the work of © Dawn Brierley, Life Coach, Consultant, Intuitive Angel Therapist, Tarot Lover & Mentor

2 comments

  1. It's good to have you back, Dawn :-)

    I've had a very similar connection with different goddesses within the last month too. It's only with hindsight you can see they were walking right beside you but the time wasn't right - it seems like something needs to jangle loose before we get to see the big picture. I'm glad you found White Buffalo Calf Woman and embrace the strength of the buffalo as you face your challenge with your Mr.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. I am really needing the energy right now because although he has been strong for me during my illness, although I'm getting better, he needs me right now so I'm having to just do the best I can. I definitely feel that I need the strength of the Goddess again, I need to re-connect with her, which is one of the reasons I came back to the Soul Path Tribe, because you all help me see the bigger picture xx

    ReplyDelete