Review: Beltane by Melanie Marquis

Title: Beltane

Author: Melanie Marquis

Publisher: Llewellyn

Source: Press Review Copy

ISBN: 9780738741932

Purchase: Amazon

Rating 3/5


Llewellyn’s Sabbat Essentials series explores the old and new ways of celebrating the seasonal rites that are the cornerstones in the witch’s year.
A well-rounded introduction to Beltane, this attractive book features rituals, recipes, lore, and correspondences. It includes hands-on information for modern celebrations, spells and divination, recipes and crafts, invocations and prayers, and more!
In agricultural societies, Beltane marked the start of the summer season. We all have something we want to harvest by the end of the year—plans we are determined to realize. Beltane is the time to put our plans into action, and this book will show you how.


Beltane is my favourite Pagan festival, probably because it's famously known for Love and Romance and I'm a sucker for romance and love. This book is very much for the serious practitioner and not just a weekend pagan. It's very in depth and I really have no idea where to start with this one.

I particularly loved the recipes and crafts chapters and also the spells and divination section as I love divination. The chapters on the lore and history of Beltane is a must read and shouldn't be skipped. It's good practice to have the theory down before you go start crafting! 


No matter the time of the year we are at I always like making plans for the future. Now for example I'm planning my Autumnal time and how I want to spend it, things I want to do, try, learn and achieve, and this book has given me handy tips on how to plan my year... that although this book is about Beltane, I feel able to take the practices with me throughout the year.

A really good book that I recommend to anyone serious about learning more about the festivals. 


Please do not copy any of the reviews or posts without prior permission. Publishers and Authors may freely use content from this blog to help with their promotions © 2015

No comments