Book Review ~ The Miracle of Self-Love by Barbel Mohr


The Miracle of Self-Love by Barbel Mohr
Published by Hay House UK


This book was a sheer pleasure to read, it was easy, lovely and full of down to earth but real practical advice. 

If you are someone who has a hard time in Loving yourself truly as you are and are forever caring about others needs well before your own, this book could provide you with a new way of looking at life. 

Sadly, Barbel passed away before finishing this book but what is contained in each page is a Miracle in itself as it quite literally shifts your perception of how you actually treat yourself. 

Barbel says what she thinks and means without adding any of the "fluff" to it. What you read is what you get! I simply adore how she really lets you understand that having those moments when you put yourself down happen to everyone - including her. She provides genuine insights into exercises she practiced in order to increase her self-love and shares these exercises and many more with you. 

I found it quite a gentle read, perfect for winding down at the end of the day, giving you that very much deserved and needed "me" time. 

My favourite chapter was all about being stable in your energy and remaining composed no matter what others think is a viable way to treat you - the importance is that you love yourself enough to choose love. 

An utterly amazing read for anyone. I would highly recommend this book to everyone, it has helped me see just how important it is to increase your self-love to the max and not let anything or anyone bring you back to a place where you don't love or respect yourself enough to stay in your place of power and love and do what is only right for you. 



I will end this review with one of Barbel's affirmations contained in the book that I think sums up the immense peaceful power that you learn to embrace in yourself when you read this book; 

"I hope that you will always be able to follow the truth of your own heart. And I hope that it will also be good for you as I follow the truth of my heart, even if it is not the same as yours. If you feel bad about this, I feel for you, I am sorry for you, but I am important to myself. I am living my own truth, not yours." 



The Miracle of Self-Love by Barbel Mohr
Published by Hay House UK

1 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete