Pagan Blog Project 2012 ~ Week 6 ~ Cards

Merry Meet,



This week I wanted to share with you perhaps the most important part of my pathway since I began even being intrigued by the craft...Cards. It's the one aspect that has stuck with me through thick and thin, doubt and belief. The use of Oracle and Tarot cards perhaps in some way, sum up who I am, or what I am interested in.

My first oracle deck I ever used was *Messages from the Angels* by Doreen Virtue.

I was 13 years old and I'd had the cards for a while and one day after school I felt that it was the right time to use them. So I lit a few candles and sat myself on my bedroom floor (As a teen I always loved sitting on my floor - it grounded me) and looked through the accompaning booklet for a spread and idea on what to ask the cards. Then I found it. "Recieve a message from a deceased loved one". Now communing with spirit isn't something I always planned on doing, it was something that I was born with... it certainly feels that way. But I missed my Nan, she'd died 10 years previous and I wanted to feel her close to me... I wanted some proof that she was around me and that the visions I had wasn't just wishful thinking on my part.

I shuffled the cards and hoped. I didn't expect anything profound. To be honest I'm not sure what I expected at 13 years old.

But then the card fell out. So I stopped. I put the cards down and picked it up. I turned it over.


I read it. I cried. I then talked to my nan for what seemed like hours.

And that was how I started. How I really got the boot up the behind because after that I thought, If I can be reassured like this, could I do it for others?

So  joined an online chatroom, and forums and practised everyday. Everyday I was bombarded with requests for readings.

It got to the stage where I planned on pulling 3 cards and would begin interpreting the angels messages from the first card and then the other two would be fitted in the reading a long time later as Spirit would draw to me and communicate with their loved ones.... all via a chatroom.... and chatroom user name. I couldn't tell you any of the names as I simply do not know. They couldn't tell you who I was... well they could... WhiteWitch04... mainly, but beside the point. Those oracle cards became a staple to my craft.


After that I used Tarot cards, faerie cards, mermaid cards... you name them I have them! And I love them! Each deck offers me a different vibration to work on and connect with the clients needs. Right now, I love working with my Faerie Heart Oracle, and Romance Angels decks as at the moment it seems that is what people are drawn to me for. But each day brings new opportunities and new people with new issues and concerns.


Whichever deck they need, or whatever their concern, it is my Duty to my own Craft, to the Witch Inside of me to do my best to help them. It's a vow I took and one I will not break... and still have not broken in 10 years.

Thank you for reading about a huge part of my life.

Blessed Be,
Aurora
)O(





All written content on this blog is the work of © Aurora Brierley, The Faerie Whisperer & The Witch Inside. No written contents of this blog may be reproduced in any way (in part or in entirety) without the express written permission of the author, © Aurora Brierley, The Faerie Whisperer & The Witch Inside.

5 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. It's always nice to hear other people's journey of the Path. )O(

    Blessed Be,
    Lavender

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a stunning first experience. I may just go dig out my own Doreen Virtue cards and have a play! I really enjoy reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete