Pagan Blog Project Week 8 ~ De-cluttering

Merry meet,

I am a little late with this weeks blog post due to personal reasons...Anyway, they are no longer issues... well not mine anyway!

So I want to write about the wonderful magickal art of *De-Cluttering*. It's possibly the one thing that has me both groaning and excited at the thought at the same time. I'm one of those witches that loves to clean when it's going to be easy, i'm not one of those that can walk into a *Bomb-Shell* and 60 minutes later have it looking like it's out of a stately home magazine. Nope, I haven't the stamina for it haha.

But in all seriousness the idea of applying simple sympathetic magick techniques for de-cluttering really makes me a very happy witch inside. I love using things like lemon scented polish for my woods in the home to both purify and cleanse as well as encouraging happiness, positivity and a fresh feeling. Another favourite of mine is again using lemon and salt to remove all negative energies around me and my home.

Today I've had a lovely day de-cluttering my home, my mind and my life. It's so invigorating to get stuck in and organise things and throw out old clothes, papers, magazines and even furniture that no longer fills your heart with joy at the sight of them. Sometimes us facebookers do this on our profile pages and we call it the "Facebook Cull" where we remove people who do not have our best interests at heart. It's very rare I do this as I try to be careful with whom I add.

A good idea for the home is to have one box or drawer where you can shove all the *junk mail* where you literally shove your receipts, letters, appliance manuals and so forth. But you must reguarly go through this drawer and clean it out otherwie you know it will only move onto extending another drawer or box. Regular clear outs are good not only for your home, but for your mental and emotional well-being.

A good de-clutter is something every witch should be doing as it helps to keep all energies high and positive. Whilst doing your de-cluttering, it's a good idea to have the windows open even just ever so slightly, as it all helps the energy move around and prevent it from being stagnant.

Afterwards, light candles, say hedgewitch prayers, even use our sage bundles or singing bowls to go and remove any energy thats hanging around like a teenager that simply refuses to move, and also it helps to infuse positivity into your home and area.

So go on, have a good old Spring Clean and De-clutter your life. You are worth having a wonderful environment to live in, both online and offline.

Love Rory xXx

All written content on this blog is the work of © Aurora Brierley, The Faerie Whisperer & The Witch Inside. No written contents of this blog may be reproduced in any way (in part or in entirety) without the express written permission of the author, © Aurora Brierley, The Faerie Whisperer & The Witch Inside.

4 comments

  1. Lovely article! I really need to do this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely on the verge of a spring cleaning/decluttering extravaganza. I've been gathering items to help me organize, as well. Thanks for reminding me that I can make this a magical activity as well as practical.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww you're both welcome. You really can make cleaning a magickal practice. When you polish, just do it with the intention of removing all negativity and replacing it with positivity.

    Your hoover is your friend, and is your modern day Witches Broom xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have beeb decluttering in our home too today. I have to say the room was a mess, but now it looks and feels good.

    ReplyDelete