Achievements & Moving Forward

Hello again,


I wanted to share with you some news that has excited me and made me feel so tremendously proud of myself. I also thought that it would make a welcome change from all my book reviews (More to come very soon), and my life coaching posts, for you to read something positive that offers you a peek inside my life.

Many of you will recall that around this time last year I began my preparations for studying Creative Writing at University. I actually found my journals from this time last year that are filled with my Morning Page entries. (Use my Search box on the blog to find out more about "Morning Pages"). Well, 9 months of study later, and lots of assignments later, I got my results through the post - I passed the course!!! :)

I am super chuffed that I passed as it really was a hard course in that it really pushed my writing boundaries. Some of it was really enjoyable, some was incredibly soul searching.  My most momentous assignment has to have been the Life Writing Assignment. I had to find something deep in my soul that was factual to write about that would evoke emotion, questions and a unique perspective. I searched my soul and gave myself therapy whilst writing my Life Writing piece, as I wrote about the terrible ordeal my Grandfather endured in Poland during the Second World War.

I recall writing it, and feeling so much emotion as I wrote each paragraph. When it was complete I re-read it and gave my Mum to read, we both cried. We have lived with the knowledge of what happened to my grandfather and his family, but to see it written down there in black and white is something totally mind blowing.

So, the passing of this course gives me more confidence in my writing ability, more avenues and interests within my writing - I have a serious passion for writing short extracts from stories and even writing short romantic stories filled with pure divine love, but it also gives me 60 Credit Points towards my degree!

The sense of achievement I felt when I read my result letter was out of this world. So I wanted to share that with you. Because as important as it is to talk about the dreams we have and how much we'd like to achieve them, and then we talk about how we can do all these wonderful things... I really wanted to share with you the end result of constantly visualizing success at University. Hopefully my success will inspire you to try to learn something new.


So where to next? 

For me, I am destined to write and I will carry on writing until the day I die! I was born to do it, I know that now, I really know it with all my heart. I will write my little heart out :) In fact I already am, so watch this space. 

I also am already finding material that I can read in preparation for my next course that is due to start in February. I find learning to be a really strong passion of mine, so I am most pleased that I will never stop learning - non of us will ever learn ALL there is to know. 

But we must try to fill our heart, souls and minds with what makes us joyful. 

I will end this blog post with a quote from A Course in Miracles; 

"Fear is not justified in any form.

Fear is deception. It attests that you have seen yourself as you could never be, and therefore look upon a world which is impossible. Not one thing in this world is true. It does not matter what the form in which it may appear. It witnesses but to your own illusions of yourself. Let us not be deceived today. We are the Sons of God. There is no fear in us, for we are each a part of Love Itself." ~ ACIM 

You create what you believe you will create!


All written content on this blog is the work of © Aurora Brierley, The Faerie Whisperer. No written contents of this blog may be reproduced in any way (in part or in entirety) without the express written permission of the author, © Aurora Brierley, The Faerie Whisperer.

No comments